You have come to this page because you have either expressed an interest in providing a guest article on our website, or we have offered you the opportunity to write a guest article.
Our readers have come to expect a minimum standard from our articles, and all guest contributors are required to accept a number of conditions if you would like to guest post.
Who Will We Consider For Guest Posting?
We are most interested in receiving guest posts from current or former Australian expats, and will also consider receiving articles from people with their own blog – such as expat blogs, travel blogs, finance blogs where they can share something relevant to the Australian expat community and related to the topics listed below.
We do not accept guest posts from financial, industry or other professionals seeking to promote their services to our readers, or seeking to link to their services. People or companies seeking such links should contact us to discuss options for sponsored posts, advertising or partnering opportunities.
Topics For Guest Posts
We would request that you initially contact us with a short description of yourself, your article idea, and a link to your website. If we like your idea and you are a suitable candidate for a guest post, then we can agree the topic and you can start writing.
As a guide, here are some of the topics we would be interested in receiving as guest posts.
- Current or Former Aussie Expats – if you are an Australian expat (or were an Australian expat), we would love to share your story. Stories that discuss your experience with tax, investing, insurance, or other finance related topic. We are also interested in receiving stories on life in different expat locations – what was it like, the good, the bad, the culture, education, expat community, and what would you recommend to others etc.
- Financial / Investing / Travel / Expat Bloggers – if you have your own personal blog, we would be happy to hear from you. Ideally, articles should focus on specific issues relevant to Australian expats. If the topic is more generic in nature, then there should be an expat angle, or should be of higher than normal interest to Australian expats.
Guest Posting Conditions
Guest Contributors / Authors shall agree to comply with the following conditions :
- The Australian Expat Investor does not pay for guest posts, but will provide two links back to your website (one in article, and one in author bio).
- The guest contributor has agreed the topic and general content of the article with The Australian Expat Investor prior to submission. Please do not take offence to us not accepting your article if you have not agreed the topic with us in advance.
- The article is original and unique. Any articles found to be duplicate content will be removed from our website. The guest contributor shall not republish the submitted article on any other website (including their own).
- Article should be a minimum of 1000 words (and generally no more than 2000 words) on the agreed topic. The author should endeavour to break article up under various headings and sub headings to ensure ease of reading, and provide an attention catching headline.
- The article has been been proof-read and spell checked prior to submission. Poorly written articles will not be published.
- The article can include one website link to the author’s website, and may include additional links to websites that relate to the content in the article (eg. ATO for a discussion on tax, or to www.realestate.com.au for a discussion on property). Any affiliate links (or links that we suspect are affiliate links) will be removed.
- The author should provide a 1-2 sentence bio on themselves, and include one link to their website in the bio. Example. Jenny Smith is an Aussie experiencing the wonders of the world whilst she travels the globe with her backpack. Follow her journey at www.jennys-journey.com.
- The article should be fact checked before providing to The Australian Expat Investor, and if relevant should include citations or references
- The article should not breach any copyright laws, and the author indemnifies The Australian Expat Investor against any such breaches. The author agrees to give The Australian Expat Investor perpetual copyright to the article on submission to The Australian Expat Investor. If the article is published elsewhere, it will be removed from our website.
- The author should be willing to proactively respond to any website or facebook comments that readers have left regarding the article.
- The author agrees to Provide at least 3 links to potential feature images for the article from www.pixabay.com
- The article should be submitted to The Australian Expat Investor using the form below
The Australian Expat Investor :
- shall determine (at its sole discretion) whether to publish the guest article or not, and will endeavour to publish the article within two months of receipt;
- will advise the Guest Contributor whether or not The Australian Expat Investor has accepted their article, and will provide an indication of when the article will be published;
- may edit the article for grammatical, spelling, clarity, SEO or any other purposes (at its sole discretion) – please do not take offence if we edit your article;
- will select and include a suitable image(s) of its choosing (and at its cost);
- will include one link back to your nominated website (this website link will be maintained for at least two years);
- may include additional links (including affiliate links and internal links to related articles) within the content of the article.
- will decide whether to make links within the article follow or no follow;
- will promote the article to its email subscribers and social media followers within two months of publishing on our website;
- may include advertising within the article
- shall not be held liable for any expense of the Guest Contributor (or related parties) in preparing the article, or any loss to the Guest Contributor (or related parties) as a result of The Australian Expat Investor failing to meet the conditions as outlined above, or for any other delay, omission, error, or oversight.
The guest contributor acknowledges that these conditions may change from time to time, and agrees to be bound by these changes.
If you have any questions, please complete the form below.
To submit your article, please use the form below. All articles must be submitted via this form.
If there is particular formatting, styles, tables, images etc that you want to include or highlight, please send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org with this information included, after submitting the main text of the article via the form.
The Australian Expat Investor
Email : email@example.com